Are you passionate about food? Do you want to progress and develop your career with a company who have recently won the “best places to work” award?
We are looking for a talented Kitchen Assistant to join our team at one of our fabulous independent schools in South Croydon.
You will have previous experience of working within a fast-paced kitchen as a Kitchen Assistant.
You will be excited to work with fresh seasonal ingredients & regularly changing bespoke menus. You will be creative and have the opportunity to showcase your skillset.
- To work well in a team, providing food and a great service
- To produce food for service using fresh ingredients, cooking from scratch and following the companies brand standards
- Ensuring company food standards are adhered to and wastage controlled.
- Ensuring all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies and allergen control procedures are followed.
You will have the following skills:
- A genuine interest in food & excellent customer service
- An all-round team player
- Innovation and passion for great food
- An organised Kitchen Assistant with attention to detail
- £10.42 per hour
- Working Monday to Friday.
- Working 5 hours per day
- Term Time only – 41 weeks
- Working 25 hours per week
- Opportunity to join our chefs apprenticeship schemes
- Wider wallet scheme (discounts at major retailers, restaurants, gyms etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unrivalled individual training and development
- Team & company social events
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite parking
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform provided
- Workplace pension
- Excellent career progression within a leading independent contract caterer
Sound like the ideal role for you? Apply today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role. An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process. As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. However for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.
Diversity and Inclusion at Thomas Franks We actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion and would like to invite applications from groups who are currently under-represented, because we believe greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life.