We have recently been voted as “Best Places to work in Hospitality” by Contract Caterer Magazine & the Cateys!!
Thomas Franks are a young, independent and vibrant Contract Catering Company, with a reputation for excellence. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional standards, a total fresh food policy and service delivered with individuality, passion and style. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Cleaner to join our established & friendly team at our prestigious Independent School in Dover.
Role requirements (Task & Responsibilities):
- Be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of your designated area and for maintaining high and consistent standards
- Take initiative to perform cleaning and tidying tasks that are not specifically contained within the rota but require attention as part of maintaining overall high standards.
- Liaise with Supervisor, Site Manager and School Caretakers and other members of staff as required to ensure the cleaning rota operates smoothly around both school events and outside lets.
- Report cleaning supplies requirements and stock levels to the line manager.
- Ensure Health & Safety, quality and general procedure compliance
- Work as part of a team and support other members of the cleaning team to meet standards and school objectives
- Report any Health and Safety issues to the Supervisor, Site Manager and School Caretakers
- Ensure that all policies and procedural requirements of both legislation and company are adhered to in order to always promote a professional and flexible approach.
- Ensure that the correct uniform is always worn neatly and cleanly.
- Ensure all necessary checks are carried out in the associated areas.
- Carry out all reasonable request of the management.
- Be conscientious with regard to Health & Safety and report any hazards to the manager.
Key personal skills and attributes
- Previous experience of working within a similar environment is advantageous.
- Team working abilities, listening skills, the ability to work on own initiative, impeccable personal presentation, hygiene and behaviour to others.
- The ability to be adaptable and be flexible as necessary. Reliable, Honest and able to demonstrate an open attentive approach to customer service.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take some responsibility.
- Ability to manage some moderately heavy lifting, carrying, and pushing.
- £ 10.42 per hour
- Part-time role available 16 hours per week.
- Working Saturdays & Sundays
- Shift timing 0800 – 1630
- Working term time only – 40 weeks
- Wider wallet scheme (discounts at major retailers, restaurants, gyms etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unrivalled individual training and development
- Team & company social events
- Employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Excellent career progression within a leading independent contract caterer
Sound like the ideal role for you? Apply today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role.
An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process. As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. However for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.
Diversity and Inclusion at Thomas Franks
We actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion and would like to invite applications from groups who are currently under-represented, because we believe greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life.