Do you want to work for a company who have recently won the “best places to work” award?
We are looking to hire an experienced Chef Manager to join the operation at one of our prestigious independent schools in Newcastle-under-lyme, Staffordshire. A leading independent day school providing exceptional all-round education for pupils aged 2 – 18 in Staffordshire, Stoke on Trent. Catering for 860 students and teachers daily. We offer a core feeding of lunch, sixth form café and morning breaks. This is a term-time only contract working 39 weeks and operates Monday to Friday. There is occasional weekend work for hospitality. Additional benefit to this location is free parking on site.
This role will be working closely with the catering team at the school, along with the operations manager to ensure that the day-to-day catering and hospitality is delivered to a high standard. You will be experienced in a similar role. Whilst ensuring all catering operations are executed well, you will also be able to manage the financial budget for the location.
- To lead the catering team with the day to day production & service of the member and staff dining facilities across the site, to liaise with the centre in the delivery internal or external hospitality events.
- To deliver both the client agreed budget and the company annual budget.
- To develop and implement the members and staff dining and hospitality facilities across the site ensuring the quality of food and level of customer service, presentation of the dining and service areas etc are maintained to the agreed standards.
- To prepare, comment and report upon the monthly and annual Profit & Loss Operating Statements for Thomas Franks.
- To develop each area of the catering offer in line with client expectations/budgetary constraints and agreed offer development plans.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all catering facilities throughout the year working in line with the requirements of the business.
- To assist in the process of change in the departments though setting standards and motivating staff to deliver them.
- To liaise with members and client via customer interaction and relevant member forums to make sure there requirements are met at all times.
- To deliver the Food Services operations as directed by the Operations Manager to include members / staff dining and any internal and external hospitality
- Create and nurture an environment that emphasises motivation, empowerment, teamwork and a passion for service.
- To provide excellent food and customer service and respond quickly and proactively to customers’ needs
- To develop the food offer in line with current market trends and to the standards outlined in the Thomas Franks company values
- To ensure age appropriate food is available in all locations throughout the dining period ensuring all special dietary requirements of members are adhered to at all times.
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with all departments and ensure all members of your team do the same.
- Ensure compliance with all Thomas Franks Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management
- Maintain and develop service standards in all dining areas including the cleanliness and presentation of the room
- To have full knowledge of the Clients Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Fire and Accident and reporting procedures
- To carry out effective induction, review and development plans for staff within the areas managed and to maintain appropriate records
- To support any rehabilitation activity as required by the centre in support of open days, and centre delivery requirements
- To undertake any reasonable duties that may be required relating to the effective operation and development of commercial areas as directed by the Operations Manager
- Proven experience of delivering excellent food standards
- Be a hands on Catering Manager leading the team in food production and service
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and deliver agreed objectives and goals
- Competent computer skills, knowledge of computer software, internet browsers, etc
- High level of communication, to include reading, writing, oral and listening
- Customer and personal service skills, proven track record of customer service achievements
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical/critical thinking, ability to gather and organise information using logical and systematic processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage a team and achieve high performance through motivation
- Strong customer service ethos
- Must have the flexibility to work to the needs of the business
- £13.52 per hour
- Working mostly Monday to Friday with some weekend availability
- Term Time – 38 weeks
- Full time 37.5 hours per week.
- Shift Patterns 0700 – 1430
- Wider wallet scheme (discounts at major retailers, restaurants, gyms etc)
- Free food on duty
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unrivalled individual training and development
- Team & company social events
- Employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Excellent career progression within a leading independent contract caterer
Sound like the ideal role for you? Apply today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role.
An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process. As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. However for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.
Diversity and Inclusion at Thomas Franks
We actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion and would like to invite applications from groups who are currently under-represented, because we believe greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life.