Are you passionate about food? Do you want to progress and develop your career with a company who have recently won the “best places to work” award?
We are looking for a talented Chef De Partie to join our team at one of our prestigious independent schools in London. A co-educational private day school in Lewisham, London. Catering for 900 students and teachers daily. We offer a core feeding of breakfast, lunch and sixth form café across 3 locations. There is a considerable amount of hospitality at this location. This is a term-time only location, working 35 weeks a year and operating Monday to Friday.
You will have previous experience of working within a fast-paced kitchen at CDP or Sous Chef level.
You will be excited to work with fresh seasonal ingredients & regularly changing bespoke menus. You will be creative and have the opportunity to showcase your skillset.
- To work well in a team of chefs providing catering services to pupils and teachers
- To produce food for service using fresh ingredients, cooking from scratch and following the companies brand standards
- Ensuring company food standards are adhered to and wastage controlled.
- Ensuring all Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies and allergen control procedures are followed.
You will have the following skills:
- A genuine interest in food & excellent customer service
- An all-round team player
- Innovation and passion for great food
- An organised Chef with attention to detail
- Up to £26,000.00 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- Working Monday to Friday
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Wider wallet scheme (discounts at major retailers, restaurants, gyms etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Unrivalled individual training and development
- Team & company social events
- Free onsite parking
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided
- Employee assistance programme
- Workplace pension
- Excellent career progression within a leading independent contract caterer
Sound like the ideal role for you? Apply today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have the Right to Work in the UK to be considered for this role.
An enhanced DBS, Identity & reference checks (covering the last five years) will form part of the selection process. As an organisation using the Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure service to assess applicants’ suitability for positions of trust, Thomas Franks Ltd complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and undertakes to treat all applicants for positions fairly. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and undertake not to discriminate unfairly against any subject of a Disclosure on the basis of conviction or other information revealed. However for any post in a school please be aware that any application is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such any criminal conviction, caution or bind-over must be declared.
Diversity and Inclusion at Thomas Franks
We actively encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion and would like to invite applications from groups who are currently under-represented, because we believe greater diversity leads to exceptional results and provides a better working life.